I happy to report that our work with the fund is really starting to gain momentum. We have spent the past month since our "soft launch" establishing many exciting connections within our community and surrounding ecosystem.
Here are a few updates I wanted to shared:
- We have officially launched our Facebook and our LinkedIn pages so we feel free to connect with us on either site
- We are putting some final touches on our first fundraising campaign which hopefully should be rolling out by the end of the month
- We recently discovered some fascinating research regarding the court martial of Captain Daniel P. Upton and will be sharing these findings in the near future
- We also just rediscovered a more detailed and better quality image of the USS Arizona. We were was amazed at the visible detail in this image especially when compared to less quality versions we have posted in the past. Be sure to swing by our gallery to check it out
- We recently connected with David Quigley the Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences at Boston College. As a highly respected Civil War Historian, it was a pleasure to share the story of the Arizona with him. He was extremely helpful in highlighting some contacts within the Boston College community and we hope to have additional updates in the coming months.
- On a side note, we have deeply enjoyed the recent media coverage around the reemergence of the SS Central America aka " The Ship of Gold." If you haven't read the book associated with the sinking of this infamous ship, we highly encourage you to do so. Below are a few links if you are interested in learning more about the one of the most valuable shipwrecks in the western hemisphere.
That is all for now.